Are you looking for help from a government service but unsure of what level of government can help you? This guide can assist you.

Canada has three levels of government, Municipal, Provincial and Federal. Each have their own set of responsibilities and explicit authority. This means that generally, one level of government cannot overrule another’s jurisdiction.


Glengarry-Prescott-Russell has a two-tier municipal structure. Each tier has its own responsibilities and provides different services.


Who to contact? Your local counsellor.

  • Animal Control
  • Building and Demolition Permits
  • By-Law Enforcement
  • Fire Services
  • Garbage Collection/Recycling
  • Maintenance of local road network/snow removal
  • Municipal Taxes
  • Zoning Questions


Who to contact? The United Counties of Prescott Russell or The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry.

  • Child Care
  • Social Housing Programs
  • Long-Term Care and Senior Housing
  • Ontario Works (Social Assistance)
  • Paramedic Services
  • Maintenance of County Roads
  • Court Services


Our office is happy to help you with any of your questions regarding the topics below.

  • Anniversary, birthday, and special event scrolls
  • Affidavits & Declarations
  • Health Card & Driver’s License Inquiries
  • Inquiries on Birth Certificate, Death Certificates and Marriage Certificates
  • Natural Resources & the Environment
  • Highways
  • OHIP Issues
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
  • Family Responsibility Office Issues
  • Trillium Drug Program
  • Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)


Who to contact? Reach out to your local Member of Parliament (MP) for Glengarry-Prescott-Russell

  • Canadian Pension Plan
  • Employment Insurance
  • Federal Income Tax & CRA
  • Immigration/Sponsorship/Visitor Visas
  • Old Age Security